CREATIVE SEQUENCING FOR VINYASA ~ 30 HOUR YTT
Live & Online, August 8 – August 16
Live & Online, August 8 – August 16
This training will take place over a 9 day period starting on August 8th, with 4 days of 4-5 hour LIVE lectures, discussion & asana classes (on 8, 9, 15 & 16). Live sessions will take place somewhere between 1.00pm and 7pm (Bali time).
Pre-recorded yoga classes and live zoom asana classes are scheduled for you to take on specific days (at times of your choice – recordings of all zoom classes available too) during the 9 day training. Along with some course content to read, and some homework/sequencing/journaling assignments.
There will be flexibility for students who are unable to make all live sessions. For these students, or those in different time zones, the videos will be recorded and can be viewed after the live time.
1) The yoga teacher who is ready to take the next step in their teaching career by broadening their experience and offering to include intelligent, creative and progressive sequencing.
2) The yoga teacher who is lost in the competition and unsure how to stand out. Learn how to identify your niche and become crystal clear on why you teach and how to be a value add teacher.
3) The yoga teacher who wants to build confidence and deepen their expertise in terms of teaching to a multi-level classroom as well as those more seasoned practitioners in the classroom.
4) For yoga practitioners who are interested to learn how to create a safe and sustainable home practice of Vinyasa Yoga
It is recommended that you have had at least 6 months of regular practice prior to the start of the course to help to get you started on your yoga (teacher) journey
Our 30-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program will provide you with a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of Sequencing. We will explore your ability to sequence from a focus point of introducing “peak” poses (single and multiple) based on anatomy primarily, and with a focus also on benefit or ailment. There will be a window of time spent on creating and discussing thematic & philosophical style classes. You will expand your skills around how to facilitate a relaxing energy or an invigorating state, (or anything in between) as we explore the energetics of asana categories. You will also learn about how to use your voice, language and communication skills to help you to share your passion
This course will arm you with knowledge, inspiration and techniques that will help you to find your authentic voice, identify and teach to your niche, create safe and effective sequences and fine tune your teaching skills.
• Basic anatomy breakdown of some Key Peak poses for sequencing purposes
• Learn to understand concept of weaving in simple to complex asanas into a sequence
• Understand the energetics of different asana categories
• Understanding the ARC of sequencing
• The principles of intelligent sequencing
• Sequencing for anatomical Peak Poses primarily
• Discovering Peak poses and how to work backwards from a peak pose to create a sequence
• Sequencing for a benefit/ailment/seasonal perspective
• An introduction to Ladder Sequencing technique
• Creating progressive sequences for experienced and regular attending practitioners
• How to teach to a multi-level classroom
• Learn and apply technique of Asana Sandwiches
• How to use your voice, language and communication skills effectively
• Learning key poses that will feature in each sequence you create and why
• The Art of Creating a Class Foundation to apply to each sequence created
• Covering of sequences for each main asana category including Forward Folds, Twists, Backbends, Arm Balances and Inversions
• Concept of Individual Skeletons
• Function vs Aesthetics of Yoga Asana
You will receive:
• Access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other participants
• A certificate of completion
There will be a small number of assignments/readings given to you during the course of the YTT to ensure that you are absorbing the information you are being taught.
• 1pm-3pm Lecture (LIVE)
• 3pm-4pm Asana Class (LIVE)
• 4pm-4.30pm Break
• 4.30pm- 5pm Discussion (LIVE)
• 5pm -7.15pm Lecture (LIVE)
• 20-22 hours of live video presentations which will be divided into approximately 4-6 hours per day for 4 live contact days
• 5 minute breaks every hour and a 30 minute break at approximately the middle of the training day
• A series of pre-recorded yoga asana classes to be practiced during the 9 day period, some on specific/suggested study dates. These will be accompanied be a series of workbooks to be completed ready for feedback circles in live sessions
• An organized element of self study, consisting of readings from the articles throughout the program, workbooks, journaling prompts and sequencing homework
• 3 x homework/class sequence to be submitted within 3 weeks of start date of the program (deadline can be discussed)
Q) Is this Yoga Alliance certified?
A) Yes, 200 hour Yoga Teachers can submit this course to Yoga Alliance. Those who are not yoga teachers will not be certified to teach after the course, unless they go on later to do their 200 hour training – at which point we would be happy to convert the course to a training certificate
Q) Are the modules and lessons available after the live sessions if I miss the live sessions?
A) Yes all sessions will be recorded and available for a month
Q) Will I receive any course materials?
A) Yes – you will receive:
• Digital course presentation
• Access to our Facebook private group where you can post questions, and share knowledge and learning tools with all other students
There will be no refunds for this program, so please make sure that you are ready to commit to this training before signing up and confirming your space